Programs we use to monitor AEM and send us alerts at night when things go bunk.
- Monit - Used if AEM or Apache goes down for any reason and starts it back up again. Sometimes if your load balancer can still reach apache, it thinks everything is ok, so we turn off apache when AEM goes bunk and the load balancer moves all the traffic to the slaves.
- Nagios - Alerts if memory, CPU utilization, or anything else I want to monitor in a dashboard environment.
- Splunk - Real time log analysis and monitoring, alerts.
- Monit - http://mmonit.com/monit/
- Nagios - http://www.nagios.org/
- Nagios and AEM 6.0 integration via Granite JMX Mbeans - http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/administer/operations/operations-dashboard.html
- Splunk - http://www.splunk.com